Saturday, September 21, 2013

CD Collection: Fire It Up by Joe Cocker

This is a non-watch entry on my mainly watch and clock blog.

Another thing that I have interest in collecting is music CDs and have about 500 of them in my collection, both new, current and old -- sometimes very old -- stuff.

As a rather busy person -- what with all this blog writing, collecting, researching stuff on the Internet and even occasionally working hard(ly) -- it is inconceivable for me to just take the time and do nothing but listen to the music -- be it rock, pop, classic or current stuff. So my listening gets confined nowadays to only when I am in my car which is not a lot as don't drive that much. And my car is a 5 year old car that has nothing in the way of new infotainment systems, bluetooth or anything of that nature, but what it does have is a 6 disk CD changer, hence my interest in collecting CDs. Also, I prefer something more tangeable than digital downloads.

To start with my collection countdown, here's something more recent from the bowels of my CD changer.

The latest (I think) album by Joe Cocker called "Fire It Up".




















What I have here is the premium edition. In addition to the CD you also get a DVD with clips of some of the songs. I found the DVD pretty good.






































Overall I enjoyed the album very much. It didn't spend as much time in the changer as some of my other favorites -- and I can think of several that literally spent years in there -- it is still very good. Or at least I like it enough to say so.

Joe Cocker "Fire It Up"
























Additional info on the album on wikipedia.

Fire It Up (Joe Cocker album)

On Youtube, I believe this clip is on said DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment