Saturday, April 12, 2014

Molnija Virgo the Maiden Pocket Watch

My Zodiac Signs-themed pocket watch -- a Molnija (read: MOL-nee-yah) with Virgo the Maiden on the dial.


There was a whole series -- 12 pocket watches but this is the only one I have.



Looks like the dial was tastefully hand-painted.


Was somebody doing a bit of nude modelling at the factory?

This watch is early 2000s. It is powered by a Molnija 3602 mechanical movement -- a large pocket watch movement 36 mm in diameter. I opened the back (which opens and closes without problem) and looked at the movement though made no photos this time. However the movement is a later 2000 version movement -- all yellow, minimal markings, reduced jewels, simplifications -- in fact exactly like the movement on this my Molnija pocket watch that I did a post earlier on (link)













No comments:

Post a Comment