Friday, June 5, 2015

Pobeda ZiM Radar Dial 2602 Watch

Another ZiM Pobeda watch from my collection. I have many of them.

In fact, I have more left than I have cataloged so far on this blog. 



BNIB... aka brand new in box (with papers).


What I like is the color of the face which is old parchment-like.


Also the face design. I happen to know that this design is called Radar. You can easily see radar-related motifs here. And there are no less than 4 numerical scales... talk about overreach redundancy military style.


I have more radar-dialed watches so more will be forthcoming. 

I remember even wanting to get me a nice collection specifically of these radar-dialed watches (that is, mostly ZiMs but also a related Cardi or two).


A good and memorable dial.




The movement in photos made at another time but I guarantee that it's the same watch.



The caliber 2602 Pobeda movement in a later ZiM version.


Even in this version you can see its pedigree... it's related to the premium watches of the 1920-40s.


Nicely shaped bridges.


You can find more info on the Pobeda 2602 movement in this blog - just use the search function or see the labels list.


2 comments:

  1. Hey! This watch is beautiful any chance you'd part with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No chance, thank you, it's one of my 4 to 5 most favorite watches. And I am not yet selling anything from my "collection" anyway.

      Delete