Tuesday, March 29, 2016

2002 Vostok Amphibia "Sailboat"

It is now time to catalog on this blog another watch from my collection which is this 2002 Vostok Amphibia(n) "Sailboat" called so on account of it having a picture of a sailboat on the dial.


These photos were made some years back and they are not too good. 

Maybe I'll make yet better photos of this watch but for now these will have to do.


This is one of the three post-Soviet Vostok amphibia watches that I have had and still have, the other two being the 2007 Compass Bezel Vostok Amphibia (now retired from active duty) and the 2012 Black Scuba Dude Amphibia that I use currently.


But it happens to be the oldest of the three having been bought in the now distant year of 2002 and is a veteran of many a swimming-pool and sauna session, and I don't go to places like that -- where they engage in water activities -- without having a Vostok Amphibia on my wrist.


Sorry about the graphic picture below.


You can read more about Vostok Amphibia watches on my blog, just use the search function for "Vostok Amphibia".




You can see the chrome plaiting coming off the bezel above but that is the only place you'll see it as the bezel is the only non-stainless steel (but brass alloy) part of the Vostok Amphibia.



Date of manufacture indicated as: 26.09.02 meaning September 26, 2002.




Cost me RUB 705... in today's money it's just 11 dead US presidents, that is one Alexander Hamilton and one Washington.


And now some of the above pictures in glorious black and white, as they say.






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful watch! The Amphibia bug bit me in January this year, and now I have one on my wrist and two on the way while I consider the Sailboat in 710 case.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have three myself, the newest being a 2012 Scuba Dude. Time to buy another one.

      Delete