Friday, August 30, 2013

Pobeda ZiM 2602 2000yrs of Christianity

Another little something from my collection. 

Meet a Pobeda ZiM 2602; this one is an anniversary piece celebrating the 2000 years of Christianity.
























It has a nice cheery blue dial, says in Russian "2000 years of Christianity" and there is also on the dial the Grand Church of something or other, not being very religious I can't therefore tell with certainty though suspect it might be the Church of Christ the Savior in Moscow (maybe not).

It is NOS and spends all its time in a little plastic box. I don't wear it, it is just a collection piece.




















I like the gold-toned hour markers and also the fancy hour and minute hands, the tiny second hand is also there at 6 o'clock.

































I must confess it took me some time to figure out in what year exactly we celebrated (or just marked) the 2000 years of Christianity. At first I couldn't get it but then.... it hit me.... answer after the jump.



It was in the year 2000!


No comments:

Post a Comment