Friday, October 25, 2013

New Acquisition: Vostok Troika 2416B

My new acquisition is this NOS 2004 Vostok Troika with a Vostok 2416B movement, with tags.
Here are some quick and nasty photos with my cheap point and click camera. 


Troika is a brand which may have been owned by Vostok not by itself but together with its partners, specifically a certain firm styled ChasProm of Belarus was mentioned. But the brand seems to be more or less discontinued now.

This particular series of Troika watches all have a nice (and rare for Vostok) display caseback with a view on its Vostok 2416B movement.


I have only had it since yesterday - so far so good. It IS working (it's a 2004 watch) without a service history. 


The movement as seen through its display caseback. I think it is a good-looking movement, even if undecorated. The rotor in particular is well shaped and rotates very happily and easily and also noiselessly, fun to watch actually. In fact, you can play a little game with it by trying to make it go full consecutive circles by moving you watch.





I am going to add a review later based on my use of this watch. That is, IF I use it and not just retire it straight to my watch box on account of me having too many wearable watches already. Competition for my wrist time gets real fierce.

I am attaching some more pictures below.















No comments:

Post a Comment