Thursday, September 15, 2016

Polaris Mechanical Alarm Clock with Hen

The newest addition to my collection is this China Polaris mechanical alarm clock.



If you watch the video you will see that it has an animated hen figure pecking at something in tact with the TIC TOC which is cool. I think so anyway.

It also has a central seconds hand which I think is not that often found on mechanical alarm clocks.

It was sold as new where I bought it locally but I believe it must be NOS. 

Overall, I am very pleased, especially so considering it cost me the equivalent of only under 10 dead presidents.

I had to tighten the legs and to tighten the screw on the bell stopper thing on top which was loose and getting in the way of the hammer (can be seen in video) but other than that so far so good.

Maybe I will make some pictures later and post them in this post which will be my main entry on this alarm clock.

I also did some internet digging to verify the name of the company which was new to me but which is real and long established (since 1915) - the Yantai Polaris Watch Factory.

Chinese watch wiki has some info on it - Yantai Polaris Watch Factory.

The manufacturer's site is here in Chinese. But no such alarm clocks anymore.


And started a thread on the Russian watch forum - Китайский будильник Polaris.

UPDATE: power reserve on full winding is about 55 hours - more than two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment